B. Withbro/K. K. Sævareid
STORD PUBLIC LIBRARY
The work of the library is based on the culture -and value declaration outlined by Stord municipality. The library aims to be user-orientated, creative and competent.
Patrons should find the library to be user friendly. We aim to treat all our users kindly and respectfully, while endearing to fulfil their requests.
We will use our competence and resources as best we can in order to obtain a high level of service.
We aim to:
- have a varied and comprehensive media assortment corresponding to our budget liminations
- purchase any media sought by users and improving our services with your suggestions
Our library services include that our users may:
- borrow media free of charge
- request additional media from other libraries
- receive help in their search for different kinds of information
You may borrow:
- Audio books
- Language courses
In the library you may use:
- PCs for internet and word processing
- Reference books
- Newspapers and periodicals
- Reading room and meeting room for small groups
- Fairytale readings can be arranged for children
- Special collections of maritime and local chronicles
Stord Public Library, October 2009